Get a Plan in Middletown, DE
Do you or your children know what to do in case your community or home is affected by flood, storm, fire or other disaster? Sadly, most families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency takes place, there is a great chance you will not all be in the same place. For this reason alone, making a family plan is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis wants to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a customizable templatedesigned to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family.. Then, just save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email a copy to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of food, water and other essentials in case of emergency. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and keeping it in an accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for at least 3 days
- Food – minimum 3-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make it a point to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Know where your closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Review and rehearse your plan with your family at least two times a year.
Having a plan in place will help you and your family be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. Here at Paul Davis, we want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please take a moment to download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, storm, mold, water or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form